Menu
jake_goulding
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

IP Adress and Streaming/YouTube HELP :(

Hello

People of the internet! I am a streamer on Twitch with about 50-100 viewers! Today I get a message on a smurf account on CS:GO, I didn't take much notice, I said "Hi" He said "Thanks For the IP" After I was Dumb enough to click a link he linked me by mistake!!! Next thing I know BOOM Stream goes offline, so does my steam and every other device! I am sat here thinking I need a Nighthawk, because I couldn't change the IP o.O After 1 Hour 40 Minutes I am still offline, i looked on YouTube and was just offended by the kids talking about getting banned and how to fix it, I felt like a kid. Anyway long story short they was smart enough to get another router! I don't have a router and know from looking there is no way for cloning a MAC address or changing the IP, What I did do was turn the router off for ages and prayed it would work.... I am online but people say that you can get DDOSed again because VM have a IP host time and will not change it...... But I am getting DDOSed and would like to be online XD, The Irony is I have the gamer Package.............

0 Kudos
Stoddy27
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP Adress and Streaming/YouTube HELP :(

The issue here is that even if you have a router that block DDOS attacks its not nessacarilly helpful. The traffic has already travelled through VM's network to get to you - it maybe worth calling them up and explaining this and hoping they can do something at their end.

I have had my IP change several times but its every 2-3 months - Changing the VM router from router mode to modem mode changes the IP.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with explaining what ddos even is to some Indian call centre guy. 

Surely the long term fix is a vpn, shorter term you trace the incoming hits and get firewall software to block by ip

Based on other thread responses, expect zero help or sympathy from virgin.

You need to be offline for a week before your assigned ip may change, and even then it may not.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just As an example of what is on sale,

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos