Menu
Looney
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I keep getting disconnected from World Of Warcraft like very 10 minutes and sometimes even less.

Please can someone tell me a solution no how to fix this. It has been the same for the past 3 days and i cant play WoW and my game time is just running out

sbowesuk
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: I keep getting disconnected from World Of Warcraft like very 10 minutes and sometimes even less.

All I can say is, you're not the only one. I've been plagued by disconnect issues for days too.

The fact that my disconnects aren't random, and often happen when leaving a battleground, tells me it's partly a WoW client issue. The fact it's affecting mostly VM customer, means it's also a VM issue.

My theory is, the WoW client and VM aren't playing well together, and the only way that'll ever get fixed, is for Blizzard and Virgin communicate with each other and figure out a solution. Ultimately, they're both responsible for this mess. They need to stop blaming each other, and work together, otherwise, everyone loses.

0 Kudos
Dazb84
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: I keep getting disconnected from World Of Warcraft like very 10 minutes and sometimes even less.

I can see this is a problem with a lot of people, but I'm adding that I'm having the same issues, when logging in, changing location in the game or going into dungeons/raids, I Have a 50/50 chance of disconnection. Started about 3 days ago, today seems at its worse, disconnection on average every 10 mins or so.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Looney

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing when playing WoW.

I've had a check on your connection and there are some power level issues affecting your modem that would cause a problem. We will need to arrange for an engineer to adjust these levels for you.

I will send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) to get this organised.

Could you also post a trace route for us to look at when these disconnections occur. 

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Looney

Thanks for getting back to Ty, sorry about the delay he is off at the moment and I am dealing with his messages. 

The upstream hub power level is still looking high:

VM SUPER HUB 2 Upstream 0 54.5 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2 Upstream 1 54.0 dBmV

So it is a good place to start I think, I have sent you a private message with details of an engineer appointment.

Good luck, please update this thread with how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
drannor
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am also getting a LOT of disconnects playing wow to the point of not playing it anymore. Can a service team member be able to look into this for me please?.

0 Kudos
Contraband
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Getting constant disconnects to battlenet also, no other service affected. Come on Virgin media, sort it out already.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi drannor,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering disconnects when playing World of Warcraft.  I've checked your hub stats and network segment, everything looks OK in general.  Do you suffer these disconnections at certain times of day, or all times?

I don't see an apparent cause from testing, are you able to provide traceroutes to the server you're using at times when it works, and when it stops please?  I'd also recommend trying modem mode to see if that offers any improvement on the disconnections.

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Contraband,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering disconnections to Battlenet as well.  I've checked everything our end, it looks like there's a lot of power adjustments on your hub.

We'll need an engineer to look at this for you, I'll drop you a PM so we can get something booked.  Send me a reply when you get chance and I'll book in the appointment asap.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

0 Kudos
Contraband
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Kev_B wrote:

Hi Contraband,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering disconnections to Battlenet as well.  I've checked everything our end, it looks like there's a lot of power adjustments on your hub.

We'll need an engineer to look at this for you, I'll drop you a PM so we can get something booked.  Send me a reply when you get chance and I'll book in the appointment asap.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

We literally just had an engineer on Saturday who said our power levels were too low so she boosted them. She left after checking everything and said all good!?

0 Kudos