Menu
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have superhub 2 and when I play on Xbox live it disconnects after about 5 minutes.Other devices are fin

My wifi network is open. I connect to the internet and I start playing any game then the Xbox disconnects from the Xbox after 5 minutes.When it disconnects I go to my Xbox home then after a few seconds it connects again this process just repeats...this has happened for about 2 months.i also experience really bad lag which happens quite often.Other devices are fine we have about another 7 devices.We have 2g and 5g wi-fi.please I need answers!?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I have superhub 2 and when I play on Xbox live it disconnects after about 5 minutes.Other devices are

Unfortunately I cant my Xbox is upstairs and my router is downstairs Smiley Sad?
0 Kudos

All Replies
elJambo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have superhub 2 and when I play on Xbox live it disconnects after about 5 minutes.Other devices are

Go into your Xbox settings, then network settings. 

Check the "Nat Type." Then test multiplayer connection. 

If your NAT type is moderate/strict/unavailable or the multiplayer connection test returns "can't get a teredo IP address" follow this xbox support guide:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/multiplayer-connection-error-solution

It will get you to go through a multitude of troubleshooting issues. Mainly setting up a static IP for the XBone, then trying DMZ. If this doesn't work, disable the DMZ and open the suggested ports. There are loads of other posts in here with us all having the same issue. In theory taking those steps above should solve the issue but it hasn't for others and myself. 

kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

My NAT changes but mostly available I'll try and sort it out later thanks for the reply I'll let you know later on what happens.
0 Kudos
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have tested my multiplayer conenction and it's fine but it still goes off then goes back on
0 Kudos
elJambo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

type this into the address bar: http://192.168.0.1

Go to advanced settings, DHCP Reservation. Click on your Xbox. Add reservation then apply. Copy the IP address of your Xbox. Then go back to advanced settings and scroll down to DMZ. Enable DMZ on the IP address for your Xbox. 

0 Kudos
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Do I have to change settings on my Xbox of the IPv4 address?
0 Kudos
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I done what you told me to do and it's not working.My Xbox is still disconnecting from the internet.
0 Kudos
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have done what you said but my Xbox still disconnects from the wi-fi.
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Have you tested the Xbox wired, even temporarily ?

If not, give it a go and see if it stays connected. If it does, that would point to wireless interference causing the disconnects.

Both my 360 and One are wired, and I very, very rarely get disconnected from Live.

Good Luck ! 

0 Kudos
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unfortunately I cant my Xbox is upstairs and my router is downstairs Smiley Sad?
0 Kudos