Menu
Piers
Fibre optic
Message 2531 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

Whilst there may not be a class action lawsuit in the UK, this flawed chipset and no plaster-type firmware fix will hurt Virgin Media's reputation. Unfortunately, like with other companies, US ownership has brought a reduced quality in a service and satisfaction. After using Virgin Media (CableTel -> NTL -> NTL:Telewest) for 16 years, I've seen a massive increase in download speeds, but the overall service decrease.

---------------------------------------------------------------
b016547bb2ac7916a26aa6d879daad6d.png
----------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
mrpauljames
Tuning in
Message 2532 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

They'll fix it only when there's viable competition that can match / beat their speeds supplied. They do exist, and seem to be expanding at a fairly decent pace, but at the moment their no threat due to low coverage.

Once hyperoptic and FTTP has a wider reach, I'm sure Virgin will make an announcement how amazing they are that they fixed this issue.
0 Kudos
Piers
Fibre optic
Message 2533 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

mrpauljames wrote:
They'll fix it only when there's viable competition that can match / beat their speeds supplied. They do exist, and seem to be expanding at a fairly decent pace, but at the moment their no threat due to low coverage.

Once hyperoptic and FTTP has a wider reach, I'm sure Virgin will make an announcement how amazing they are that they fixed this issue.

The issue does affect speed per se, only QoS.

---------------------------------------------------------------
b016547bb2ac7916a26aa6d879daad6d.png
----------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
コナー
Dialled in
Message 2534 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Yep, my speed test looks amazing, my ThinkBroadband graph not so much and customers aren't going to pay attention to the latter.

My Broadband Ping - VIVID 350

Forever waiting for the Hub 4
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2535 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Piers wrote:

Whilst there may not be a class action lawsuit in the UK, this flawed chipset and no plaster-type firmware fix will hurt Virgin Media's reputation. Unfortunately, like with other companies, US ownership has brought a reduced quality in a service and satisfaction. After using Virgin Media (CableTel -> NTL -> NTL:Telewest) for 16 years, I've seen a massive increase in download speeds, but the overall service decrease.

Again the issue is that its not actually liberty global/VM's fault, they didn't make the device so your class action lawsuit would have to be directed at arris or intel, although given that you as an end user have no actual contract with either of these companies i would imagine the lawsuit would fizzle out pretty quickly, although atleast the lawyers still get paid so they will be the only happy people after the dust settles Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
nallar
Dialled in
Message 2536 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

That's not how this works shane. Customers have a contract with virgin, virgin have a contract with arris. Customers can sue virgin, virgin can sue arris.
0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 2537 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

I would be happy to Sue both. Virgin Media for there Incompetence in not resolving all the customers issues.

There main fix is change the box with the same box or power levels.. SNR and such..

I would also Sue Arris and Intel.. if I could for making a Rubbish SoC and Modem/Router.. but I can't.

One I have no money for Suing because Virgin is taking £112 of mine and am Disabled..

If I did not have the issues I have I would woop them both in a lawsuit for numerous of complaints!

One being nearly crashing my TV off the stand in a Engineer Visit.. and the QoS of Virgin Media as a whole
chriswheeler
On our wavelength
Message 2538 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media has a duty to make sure what ever they are rolling out to customers works, they have not done that and have just rolled out a faulty product without any testing.

shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2539 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

nallar wrote:
That's not how this works shane. Customers have a contract with virgin, virgin have a contract with arris. Customers can sue virgin, virgin can sue arris.

Your contract with VM carries no section relating to latency, only to speed, thing is VM aren't actually in breech of contract with their customers as there are no SLA's in place for residential customers, are you getting "up to" the speed listed on your package? if so, you're getting what you paid for, the network itself isn't at fault only the Puma 6 modems are and your contract doens't cover the issues it presents

0 Kudos
nallar
Dialled in
Message 2540 of 2,639
Flag for a moderator

VM advertised it as being suitable for gaming. I think there's a case there, so it could be taken to court. Got a hub 2 a while back, I'm happy now. Someone else's battle to fight, if they think it's worth it. The key point is that as a customer of VM you have no contract with arris or intel so it's completely pointless for you to repeatedly suggest that customers of VM should complain to or sue arris or intel instead of VM.
0 Kudos