Menu
funkyphil
On our wavelength
Message 1531 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 / Compal CH7465-LG (TG2492LG) and CGNV4 Latency Cause

How do i do that? The thought of further messing with it is`nt exactly filling me with confidence.

0 Kudos
Drewley
Up to speed
Message 1532 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

@funkyphil

Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about the broadband quality monitor, if you have a superhub 3, you are affected by this issue. Everyone is.

If you do want to set it up, i'd encourage you to open a new thread in a help section to get info on how to do it.

0 Kudos
wotusaw
Superfast
Message 1533 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

The monitor is very slow. You have to wait a couple of hours for it to fill up with the pretty yellow. That may be the answer?

0 Kudos
OllyC
On our wavelength
Message 1534 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

I think the default hub setting is OFF for that but you're right it does take a while to build up the picture of the quality obviously.

As Drewley said though, he will be effected by it so maybe there isn't much point either way.
0 Kudos
TROTER
On our wavelength
Message 1535 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

After trying to get hold of a SH2AC since April, contacting every department including letters to head office with no luck, I am happy to confirm a used SH2AC arrived today and activated with no problems.  Looks like they have changed there position upon not being able to send and activate down grading equipment from SH3 to SH2AC as I was informed at every level from engineers to customer complaints department previously.   Retentions sorted this for me as head office did not respond with a follow up call regarding my resent letter asking how have people on the forum reported being supplied with a SH2AC when you refused my request.  Gaming can now resume as of before, don't give up!   

eddiechatburn
On our wavelength
Message 1536 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

TROTER wrote:

After trying to get hold of a SH2AC since April, contacting every department including letters to head office with no luck, I am happy to confirm a used SH2AC arrived today and activated with no problems.  Looks like they have changed there position upon not being able to send and activate down grading equipment from SH3 to SH2AC as I was informed at every level from engineers to customer complaints department previously.   Retentions sorted this for me as head office did not respond with a follow up call regarding my resent letter asking how have people on the forum reported being supplied with a SH2AC when you refused my request.  Gaming can now resume as of before, don't give up!   

Glad you got a result @Troter. I too complained formally and I have had a letter back promising a call withing 2 weeks, now on 3 and no call!! I Spoke to retentions yesterday and they are attempting to send a 2ac out for Thursday, with a follow up call on Saturday.

No high expectations, having previously received replacement 3's in a similar scenario.

I am out of contract in October, and I have had the price increase email, so VM are now on a very short leash as far as I am concerned. It is a shame after 12+ years of being a customer!

I'm just another geek and all my posts are my own personal opinion. Smiley Happy
Hopefully I may have been some help, though!
0 Kudos
TROTER
On our wavelength
Message 1537 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

I also got sent SH3 twice before when they said they were sending SH2AC Even though they entered the correct order code. I got told it defaulted to SH3 regardless, but this must have changed.
0 Kudos
RidingTheFlow
Fibre optic
Message 1538 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

TROTER wrote:

Looks like they have changed there position upon not being able to send and activate down grading equipment from SH3 to SH2AC as I was informed at every level from engineers to customer complaints department previously.    

I pretty much hope so. In my complaint to CEO office I have not only requested SH2, but I've also tried to explain why I think they should allow develop more or less standard procedure of downgrade to (used) SH2 in exceptional circumstances (sic - when customer actually does care). Hope higher up realised it and it finally will start to filter down the chain of command.

0 Kudos
eddiechatburn
On our wavelength
Message 1539 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

Whey hey! Managed to get a 2ac of an engineer working down the street, and with a little help from the fantastic Lyndsey in retentions, it is being repurposed to my account, so could be up and running soon!!

Smiley Happy
I'm just another geek and all my posts are my own personal opinion. Smiley Happy
Hopefully I may have been some help, though!
Carpangler67
Joining in
Message 1540 of 2,413
Flag for a moderator

Just an update to my post on page 152, received my Superhub 2AC via Yodel courier as promised. Looks brand new, setup and activated no problems.

Gaming on Xbox back to playable so all good