Menu
Beardybaker89
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0

Hey. Just got the new hub 3.0. Every device in house so phones tablets., Amazon fire stick. Can find and connect to Internet. No issues. I Try my ps4. It can't even find WiFi. And I've had the console pretty much right on top of the router. I'm no tech wiz and have never had to do much tinkering. So an idiot proof run down on what the heck to do to go online would be greatly appreciated   thanks 

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0

You need to phone virgin media so they can activate it.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you re-read the OP post, they say they are already on the internet, but the PS4 cannot see Wi-Fi ....
0 Kudos
Beardybaker89
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My Internet is fine, my PlayStation can't find the WiFi. Any ideas
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beardybaker89,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting your PS4 to the wifi. I know that the PS4 isn't capable of 5Ghz but he Hub3 broadcasts both 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless signals so it should still find the 2.4.

It might be worth changing wireless channels in case there is too much interference on the one you're on and the PS4 can't pick up the signal.

Let us know how you get on.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Beardybaker89
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I managed to change frequency and now can find my ps4
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beardybaker89,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I'm glad to hear changing the frequency is now showing the PS4.

Let us know if you suffer any further problems.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
robertmac
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue with PS4 and my NOW TV boxes not seeing the wireless network.

I had to manually change the 2.4g Channel (I set mine to 4) and also had to adjust the Channel Width setting to 20/40 MHz

In all honesty, you shouldn't have to do this. Having just switched from Sky, with whom I never had to adjust any of the settings on the Hub.

Also, if you use a service such as Plex you need to set up port forwarding, otherwise you cant connect to it from outside the home network.

A mild annoyance, especially when I expected it to work without having to fiddle with several settings.

0 Kudos