Menu
Netmon_G
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 PortForwarding to multiple IPs

Hi, I'm trying to setup my SH3 with great frustration to allow port forwarding for xbox live to both my Xbox360 and XboxOne. I have managed to assign them both static IPs and added the required ports (UDP/TCP respectively) for my 360 but when I come to add the same range for XboxOne I get an error that this is an 'Invalid range of ports' when specifying the external port.

Is this a limitation of the device or networking in general that I cant port forward to multiple internal IPs?

I have made the assumption that the Local Start port, Local End port, External Start Port and External End port should all be the same when adding but this may be where the issue lies.

Also, I cant add port 53 as this seems to already be reserved.... for what I don't know.

**Edit - Can I use Port triggering instead??**

0 Kudos
Bristow312
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: SH3 PortForwarding to multiple IPs

Yes it appears to be a problem with the SH3 i cannot play certain games on my PC unless i create a static IP and throw it in the DMZ this works for Rainbow six Siege, but getting my NAT type to change on the Xbox one I have had no luck with.

I encounter the same errors opening port 53 all other ports open fine and i have tried wired/wireless connections, cant even throw the Xbox into the DMZ doesn't change the NAT type at all and googling around leaves me to think its a firmware problem and i cant even find release schedules for when this issue will be fixed never had problems with my old superhub the first one and ive tried switching to it but the internet signal wont work.

I have a feeling if you ring virgin they will pass the blame to microsoft and vice versa.

Sorry

0 Kudos
Bristow312
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After doing a bit of snooping here is the issue

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Port-Forwarding-on-Hub-3/td-p/3043701

port forwarding is bust on the SH3

0 Kudos
Netmon_G
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Bristow for that, saves me wasting another few hours messing around, ironically my last D-Link router had the same problem and I was hoping this was different even though its pre-built for Joe public and not tech lovers or gamers.

I guess that probably settles my decision to purchase a Netduma R1 and run the hub in modem mode. I still dont understand how basic functionality like this is not functioning upon release of a major hard upgrade. The GUI interface is also dog slow, it took me ages to make any changes.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are considering a third party router then this link might be helpful:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1u03ew/list_of_routers_supporting_2_xb1s_with_open_nat/

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Bristow312
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was on the phone to the level 2 engineer and the response was the new firmware is targeting a 21st of April realese

0 Kudos