Menu
Andreaclark3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 NAT xbox1

Hi all after trawling the web for answers and fixes I've decided to add my problem onto here for a result.

I recently upgraded from 100mb VM broadband to 200mb and with that got sent a new superhub 3.0, I was previously on the superhub 1.

I activated my new hub no worries and then began adding my devices: laptop, phones & xbox one. The speeds are much higher on the laptop so that was a great start but I play xboxone with a wired connection as it's just a few feet from the hub so I fire the Xbox one up and it's working but after a minute maybe less of being in an Xbox live party I lose connection. I know my internet connection hasn't gone only the Xbox live.

Checking the network devices on the Xbox shows my NAT is strict or moderate. I understand Xbox needs an open Nat to work properly.

Quick search online the problem seems rife and that's a pain because I didn't have this issue on previous hub. So far I have tried factory reset on router, DMZ, static IP the Xbox, different Ethernet cable, port forwarding (cannot port forward 53 as is reserved but apparently the Xbox live needs?) and I have the latest firmware on the hub.

Now I have reset the hub again and tried wireless connection te the Xbox one which works without issue and the NAT is constantly open, brilliant except what's the point in that when I have the Xbox a meter away.

Can anybody give me any idea or insight please without saying get a third party router because that kind of defeats the point of having a 'superhub'.

Many thanks in advance cheers. Also the email linked to my community account is the same for my VM account so feel free to check my line and box and such.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 NAT xbox1

Get a separate router

Umm okay Ill not tell you that then...

Best guess- check both cables youve tried. Are either of them CAT6? If not, try a CAT6

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Get a separate router

Umm okay Ill not tell you that then...

Best guess- check both cables youve tried. Are either of them CAT6? If not, try a CAT6

KnightsXB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

On a super Hub 3 Port 53 is locked by Virgin for some reason. This renders UPnP, Port Forwarding and DMZ ineffective. it will cause problems with multiple game consoles on one network and Xbox Live in particular. Most will advise you to buy your own router and use the Hub 3 in Modem mode, but why should I have to.

The Hub 2ac worked fine with multiple consoles on the same network with Vivid 200. But Vivid 200 Gamer requires a Hub 3 that will not support multiple consoles with online gaming! A Massive fail by Virgin.

My only choice seems to be roll back to Vivid 200 and ask for a Hub 2ac back.

0 Kudos
RealChris
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

DMZ mode should've resolved this issue - try it again?

0 Kudos
DRCummy
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue with the 3.0 hub and xbox one and xbox live. I put the xbox in a DMZ last night and NAT sat at stricted. I am going to hard reset the xbox later today to see what happens.
0 Kudos
DRCummy
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Putting the xbox in a DMZ did not work, however using the 3.0 hub in modem only mode and using the 2.0 hub as the router works. So come on Virgin, how can we get the 3.0 hub to work with xbox live on its own?
0 Kudos
Andreaclark3
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi I can confirm cat6 Ethernet did not yield any good results still puts NAT into moderate/strict.
0 Kudos
DRCummy
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Scrap that! Left what seemed like a connection, came back and the hub 3.0 lost its internet connection. Did a factory reset on it and put all the port forwarding rules in needed for xbox live appart from 53 as Virgin is using that for something. Guess what, still losing xbox live connection.

Apparently there is some sort of firmware update being rolled out as the current one is broken.
0 Kudos
DRCummy
Joining in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

A temporary fix for this is to put the hub 3.0 in modem mode, turn it off, have only the xbox connected in the port next to the coax connector, and turn the hub back on. I played a good 3 hours without issues.
0 Kudos
Andreaclark3
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No offence but when I've invested into an 18 month contract I don't plan on having 3 hours no issues then having to have a chew on.
0 Kudos