Menu
Adilpa
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to boost upload speed

I want my upload speed faster because right noe its around 4-6mbps when i was on bt it was 20mbps. The reason i want to boost upload speed is because on ps4 share play you need a good connection and they recommend 10mbps. So is there any way
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to boost upload speed

You'd have to upgrade your broadband package to vivid 200, that would give you a 12 meg upload if  your area is not congested

gds1972
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If possible try and connect the console to the internet via an Ethernet cable and not wirelessly as this should give you the best potential upload and download speeds.

0 Kudos
Adilpa
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have mate still upload speed slow at 4-6mbps.
0 Kudos
Adilpa
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seriously i would then have to pay 15 pound more.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Adilpa wrote:
Seriously i would then have to pay 15 pound more.

That is the situation. The upload and download rates are fixed per package. If you wanted a 20Mb upload you'd have to pay more than that. That would be paying for 200Mb broadband (BB) and homeworks+300Mb on top of that. So about £30 a month extra, which would eventually go to nearer £40 a month extra.

+Add: So I guess you have to seriously ask yourself: Is being able to more effectively stream your game play to your friends worth the extra money outlay? Only you know the answer.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos