Menu
WillWill
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Horrific ping spikes across games

Hi,

The past month or so, I've begun having incredible lag spikes throughout the day and evening playing games, this includes Rocket League, League of Legends, Counterstrike: Global Offensive and others as well. I've tried opening ports to help aid the connection to no avail, resetting the router helps with the issue for a little bit before it returns again, a normal 30ms spikes to around 250ms, sometimes more.

I live in a uni house with three other people and am currently using a wireless connection, due to the logistics of the router, it isn't possible to use a wired connection. I moved house at the start of the year, two streets down the road and didn't have any problems like this last year, I had been given a SuperHub2, whereas this year on the contract, we have been given an original SuperHub, which I've experienced many problems with in the past.

Here are some screenshots of the ThinkBroadband Ping from the past couple of days: 

1935548153c53aa959dcc323c090c3d8-19-11-2015

ba3ab8e6dd73b2e9355fff415c817743-25-11-2015

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
MadiraNofo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrific ping spikes across games

Hi- been having the same problem: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/Armored-Warfare-Lag-spikes/td-p/2979733

See if that graph I've linked in my post rings true with you too

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi WillWill

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the ping spikes and slow speeds that you are experiencing when playing online. I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks healthy. 

I understand that it can be difficult sometimes to achieve a wired connection depending on where the hub is located but we would need you to give this and modem mode a try for diagnostic purposes to see if there is any improvement. Accessories such as powerline adaptors can also help.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Eggymundo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Eggymundo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator