Menu
Chalkyy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Horrible Internet Speed

So during the hours of about 7-11 (peak hours) I have slow broadband speed. Now seeing as it's peak hours I expect some slower speeds in the internet department. But in my case between these hours my internet becomes basically unusable. I struggle to watch Youtube videos without it buffering every 10 seconds, the same happens with Twitch streams. I want to play a game on my PC, usually CSGO, and it is non stop lag with my ping being a solid 500-600 from the hours of 7-11. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My area is NW6 for anyone that might have any knowledge of works going on or if it's just a horrible spot to have Virgin internet, in that case I'll be thinking of switching

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrible Internet Speed

Hey there Chalkyy,

Thanks for joining the community, great to see new members Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow peak time speeds you're experiencing. I've taken a look at your local area and I can see a fault. The reference is: F003948570 and it's due for review on the 10th May. This fault is responsible for reducing peak time speeds and we're performing network upgrades to get this resolved.

I completely understand this isn't the news you were hoping for, please do accept my apologies.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos