Menu
up4hours
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Horrendous Latency/Ping Xbox One

What on earth is going on?? For the last 3-4 weeks I've experienced severely poor latency and packet loss when using my Xbox. I've also experienced non existent 5ghz WiFi and constantly dropping 2ghz WiFi! I can't put up with this service! I haven't experienced lag dying gameplay THIS bad since I had 0.5mb dial up internet... Seriously. I pay you guys for a very high quality broadband service and for the last few years that's what you have provided.. What is going on??
0 Kudos
up4hours
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Latency/Ping & Packet Loss

Virgin Media.. you need to sort your act out. I've been on the phone a lot recently to your support. Today one of your "tech support" people told me you weren't aware of any issues... REALLY? DO YOU NOT READ YOUR OWN FORUM?!?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrendous Latency/Ping Xbox One

Hi there up4hours,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with your connection, I know this is frustrating.

For the wireless side of things, have you tried changing your operating wireless channel? If not, take a look at this help article for advice on how to do so.

In regards to the packet loss, is this happening on a hard-wired connection or just the wireless? Are you having difficulties with all devices, or just the Xbox One?

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency/Ping & Packet Loss

Hi up4hours, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your broadband having latency ping and packet loss, I can understand this may be annoying so apologies for any inconvenience.

I have looked over your connection form here and I can see a number of T3 time outs inside the logs, I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos