Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3 (139 Views)

Honest Review/Opinion of Virgin Media

Thought I'd post a review of my thoughts/opinion on VM after having it for 2 months.

1st of all I do think Virgin Media is a good internet provider as they do have a great download and upload speed available but for gaming side of it I would recommend coming no where near Virgin Media until this HUB3 (PUMA 6) issue is actually fixed and we are not just hearing false rumors that their trying to fix it as because of this problem playing online video games especially FPS is dreadful as your ping just fluctuates constantly and there is literally nothing you can do to make it even a little bit better.

2nd the upload and download speeds are very nice to have but they're not always accurate as I should be getting 200 download but very rarely is that the case sometimes my Download goes down to 10mb/s and they other times it actually is near the 200 mark which is very nice especially for gaming (downloading games).

3rd I'm not trying to put people down but when it comes to customer service of Virgin Media whether it be on the phone or through support on here they are very vague and not usually very helpful with this PUMA 6 issue to be specific, Don't think anyone who actually works for Virgin Media has even said anything about the issue or even admitted it's actually a problem when's there most likely a million people suffering from it.

This is just my opinion about Virgin Media I know not all of VM is bad there are some good stuff about them bare that in mind.

I also know people will disagree with me about some of this stuff too but as I said it's just my opinion.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: Honest Review/Opinion of Virgin Media

The whole LG parent company setup has taken some things down hill in varying ways. LG chose the hub 3.0 for all their owned ISPs, any firmware for it is likely entangled in some complex distribution chain feeding down from LG HQ. In that respect I can't blame the hub 3.0 on VM when they aren't the choice makers. Their hub 2 and 2 AC were decent, I still use my 2 AC primarily.

When VM services work they're great, when you're having problems it is usually rather bad, there's not too often a middle ground.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3 (74 Views)

Re: Honest Review/Opinion of Virgin Media

Yeah I get what you're saying it is isn't there fault for getting the faulty HUB 3's but its gotta be there fault for not doing anything about after the problem has been out for so long. They haven't even addressed it properly yet.