Menu
robforce1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High, unreliable and inconsistent ping everywhere for the past week

Hello everyone.

I'll keep it short because at this point I'm at my wits end with these broadband services. 

After being forced to upgrade to a 150Mbps broadband, the internet was fine. I got consistent 139Mbps at any time of the day so I am satisfied with the speed.

However, as with any VM broadband I had in the past 8 years, there comes a point where things just stop working and I have to keep resetting and playing around with the router just to have it work for 15-24 hours and it requiring a reset again.

Last week was that point. Before that, I had a few problems with speed, connection and pings, but generally nothing outrageous. However, as of last week, I have to reset the router everyday or my ping to everywhere in the world is just stupid. Here is an example, to Valve servers in Luxembourg:

Untitled.png

Just to clarify the issue:

My usual ping to this server when the router is not being stupid, is constant 28-35ms. 

Instead, it's 20 higher, and spikes to 79-150+ constantly every few seconds. Same with other servers. Google.co.uk, is constant 18-25 which is good, but spikes to 50-60 for no reason, and it's driving me crazy.

The router is SuperHub2ac and this has been happening for the past week. As of yesterday, resetting does nothing, and VM online service checker says there is no problem. Yeah, sure.

I'd just love to pay 45 quid monthly for the internet and be able to play some games after work, but I guess not.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
robforce1
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High, unreliable and inconsistent ping everywhere for the past week

Sorry forgot to add, here is a trace to the same server:

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High, unreliable and inconsistent ping everywhere for the past week

Hi robforce1,

Sorry for your broadband performance issues. I have tested your connection thoroughly and note a few instances of minor errors, and dipped SNR, on the upstream segment to which your Hub connects.

However these are a few isolated, brief, incidents and I don't think they are causing the issues you describe. 

Your Hub is reporting low Modem SNR. As the network is now clear of errors any related Hub behaviour should have settled back. So I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment in for you.

Thanks,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos