Menu
RetroKarl
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

High ping.

A quick question, I'm wondering why my ping when gaming has gone from 20-30 ms to 400-500 ms, I can't find any reason for this and I'm not that good at this sort of thing. Any help would be great.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping.

Wired or Wireless?

Probably setting up a BQM to see how it varies throughout the day.

However 400-500 looks like something has gone wrong somewhere so probably worth posting your Hub levels.

But could also be something external has changed.

0 Kudos
RetroKarl
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Setup is wired, sorry, have no idea what BQM means. How would I post hub levels?
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Karl,

BQM is short for Broadband Quality Monitor - You can find all the details here.

You can create a free account and then create the monitor, then wait 24hrs for a full days use to have been monitored, then you can post something that looks like this:

My Broadband Ping - Home

Hopefully that clears up that.

The other part involves you logging in to the VM SuperHub and looking at a specific page which shows the hubs connection status in detail. Off the top of my head I can't remember the exact page.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub levels at

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RetroKarl, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with high ping, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that everything looks great, no errors or time outs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs as Kippies has shown above for me to compare with the data we have here.

How are you connected wired or wireless?

When do you seem to notice he high ping issues, all times of day or just specific ones?

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos