Menu
Xandi
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High ping

This started happening like two weeks ago in which I get high ping in a game called CSGO which is over 100 sometimes and then it goes back to around 40 but normally I would have stable 30. I am connected with an ethernet cable and I already checked all the cables and even restarted the router but nothing happened. I also tried different games like league of legends and in there I get normal ping.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Zteve
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High ping

I am having the same issues as you. It appears to be a problem with the backbone of the virgin network.

I am area 28 and I used a tool on thinkbroadband to run a Broadband Quality Monitor on the line:

My Broadband Ping - cable connectionI am pretty sure you will be same. If you phone them up you can get an eta on a fix and some compensation due to the unplayable line. The line being upgraded due to "high use areas" does not show on the faults page when you click on it.

All Replies
Zteve
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High ping

I am having the same issues as you. It appears to be a problem with the backbone of the virgin network.

I am area 28 and I used a tool on thinkbroadband to run a Broadband Quality Monitor on the line:

My Broadband Ping - cable connectionI am pretty sure you will be same. If you phone them up you can get an eta on a fix and some compensation due to the unplayable line. The line being upgraded due to "high use areas" does not show on the faults page when you click on it.