Menu
andrejs9112
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High ping

It`s been a week and I`m getting a ridiculously high ping every day somewhere around 19:30 till 23:00 and broadband is slow ether. It`s spikes up to 900 ms, sometimes even more. Area reference is 26. Am I the only one who suffers from this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping

andrejs9112 wrote:

It`s been a week and I`m getting a ridiculously high ping every day somewhere around 19:30 till 23:00 and broadband is slow ether. It`s spikes up to 900 ms, sometimes even more. Area reference is 26. Am I the only one who suffers from this?

Area references cover extremely vast amount of distances, covering countless cities. The whole of Wales for example is covered by a single area ref. With that in mind, you've got to think local, post code level.

That aside, it sounds like high utilization / contention / high demand, however people want to call it. If it is as recent as you say then there likely isn't a fault ref. raised against it yet. A member of the Forum Team here will check the utilization levels for your part of the network to see if this is the case, one of them will respond to your topic in up to three days. If it is due to that and no ticket is raised, they raise it to Networks and get back to you with a review date that you should post back on at the date they give you.

In the meantime you can do a modem mode test, you'll need a computer nearby and a Ethernet cable. Pop the hub into modem mode and see if the problem is still there.

And also share with us your connections upstream and downstream stats, to do that browse to http://192.168.100.1 - don't sign in. Click Router Status. Copy-paste/screencap the contents of the Upstream / Downstream / Network log sections content into your next post.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
andrejs9112
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Post code BT27 5DF Lisburn city
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrejs9112,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and can see that your upstream power levels are too high. We'll have to get a technician out to adjust your this and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules