Menu
fazalu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High ping when gaming

Hi, so I like to play games such as CSGO and LoL and when someone in my house is watching a Youtube video or sometimes using netflix the ping spikes to 500+ and is unplayable and really frustrating.

I believe I have the 75mbps package atm and was wondering if it should be like this? Is this a problem because of the package or is there something else wrong? Really wanting to fix this as it's super annoying when I'm trying to play and someone is watching netflix/youtube video.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High ping when gaming

Theres no QOS on any of the superhubs. So basically packets get processed as they reach the router. That leads to bufferbloat if someone is streaming while you are playing online.

If everything is fine when no one else is using the connection (ping is low, no disonnects, speeds okay) the only thing you can do is place teh Superhub in modem ode and get a decent router with QOS

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High ping when gaming

Theres no QOS on any of the superhubs. So basically packets get processed as they reach the router. That leads to bufferbloat if someone is streaming while you are playing online.

If everything is fine when no one else is using the connection (ping is low, no disonnects, speeds okay) the only thing you can do is place teh Superhub in modem ode and get a decent router with QOS

0 Kudos