Menu
Woking_User_1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

High ping on League of Legends only

I have been with Virgin since December and I have played on 27-30 ms for League of Legends.

Today, I got disconnected from a game and all of a sudden my ping went to 50 which is pretty much unplayable.

I don't really know what's wrong with Virgin for 2 reasons: 1-When I use the BT-FON WIFI I get 23ms all the time. 2-When I play Overwatch on Virgin Media I get 21ms.

So please can you fix this? It is a very annoying problem.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping on League of Legends only

Woking_User_1 wrote:

I have been with Virgin since December and I have played on 27-30 ms for League of Legends.

Today, I got disconnected from a game and all of a sudden my ping went to 50 which is pretty much unplayable.

I don't really know what's wrong with Virgin for 2 reasons: 1-When I use the BT-FON WIFI I get 23ms all the time. 2-When I play Overwatch on Virgin Media I get 21ms.

So please can you fix this? It is a very annoying problem.

50 is far from unplayable so thats a slight exaggeration, also, its likely not VM's fault, LoL has always suffered from routing inconsistencies which result in increased ping, but yeah 50 is nothing to whine about, try playing with 130ms and then you can complain that its too high Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Woking_User_1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

1- The problem does not come from LoL since by using a different ISP I get a much improved ping.
2- 50 is okay if you are a casual player. I used to play on 15ms in Guildford and 50 IS unplayable.
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Woking_User_1 wrote:
1- The problem does not come from LoL since by using a different ISP I get a much improved ping.
2- 50 is okay if you are a casual player. I used to play on 15ms in Guildford and 50 IS unplayable.

A different ISP means different routing so yes its entirely possible for it to be marginally lower with a different ISP, VM do not own all of the hardware between your PC and the riot servers, 50 is ok for pros aswell, i mean you can complain about it but thats not anywhere near an issue and not even near the point where VM or riot would even bother looking in to it

0 Kudos
YorkieMccoy
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The exact same thing happened to me yesterday aswell. A number of my friends who also use Virgin have confirmed that it has also happened to them so I suspect the issue, whatever it is, isn't limited to just a few people.  

0 Kudos
kim_casey3
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently at 50 ping as well, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

0 Kudos
YorkieMccoy
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I spoke with Riot about this issue for a few days, eventually a guy called Chillsong suggested doing the following which fixed it:

Run CMD as administrator (which you can do just by typing cmd in your start menu, right clicking and selecting the run as admin box) and then type 

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

Wait for around 30s till it says 'Ok' then close it off and try going into a custom on league to check your ping. Hopefully this works for you guys like it did for me.  

If that doesn't work and you want to re-enable teredo just do the same but type:

netsh interface teredo set state type=default

0 Kudos