Menu
Valentas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

High ping on Games.

Hello guys, i got problem with high ping can you help me? Then i check on www.speedtest.net 150 or 160mbs per sec. When i call to the VirginMedia 12 times to support and they said to me it's not into the router problems becuase it's new they said to me or into cable and i'm waiting then it's will be fix now like 1 months or more help me please.And then i go to Speedtest and i press check the ping coming 112 but the speed 157mbs per sec why?And formerly never have this problem earlier. And then i play on Steam (CSGO) The ping gets 130 or more.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping on Games.

Hi Valentas,

Sorry to hear you're getting poor latency. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy. 

Your speeds being fine points to the latency being poor on the game you're playing. Is this only happening on CS:GO or other games too? There have been some issues with EU servers recently that have caused poor latency specifically for CS:GO and a few other games.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
xpavarotix
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey I'm having the same issues as the poster. Around 7pm to 11pm, i get high ping on League of Legends and CS:GO for no apparent reason. This has been happening for the last week or so. I have tried connecting to the same server in the morning on CS:GO where i get ~28ms. I then connect to the server between 7-11pm and i get 90ms. It is happening right now, but here is my speedtest result: http://www.speedtest.net/result/5148506676.png so i am confused why it is only happening in games.

0 Kudos
Valentas
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got problem and with other games high ping.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Valentas,

Could you run some traceroutes to the servers you play on and post them here?

Label which games the traces are for and we'll see if there is anything along the route your connection takes to cause this. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Valentas
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay this is my traceroutes http://imgur.com/a/Moete

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Valentas,

To run a traceroute you first of all have to open a cmd box. To do this head to the start bar of windows and type in 'Run' section 'cmd'. You'll find a box called Command prompt, open this and you're greeted with a black box.

In the black box type 'tracert' then a space followed by the IP address or site you want to trace to. I'm afraid I don't have the exact servers you'll need for your games but a quick google or asking one of the admins of the game should get you what you need.

I hope this helps and let us know how you get on. 

0 Kudos