Menu
maney266
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High ping jitter and even low speed. Very inconsistent experience over the last few months

Seriously considering changing ISP after the call i just had with vm support. They basically said because my speed at the time of calling was acceptable (200mbps) + 25ms ping there was nothing that could be done. Literally 5 minutes after hanging up my speed was terrible ping was 80+ and jitter was around 40ms to maidenhead. Usually when my internet is great my jitter is under 5ms. This has been happening on and off for around 2/3 months now and im getting very frustrated. Its especially bad around 8pm - 11pm. I have the 2nd revision of the suberhub in modem mode whilst using an Asus RT87U in AC wifi (1300mbps) transfer rate. Problem still occurs over wired however even whilst connecting directly to the modem. Having jitter this high makes playing any game virtually impossible due to rubber banding etc.ping.pngup.pngup2.pngup3.png

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping jitter and even low speed. Very inconsistent experience over the last few months

Likely a bit of high load at times maybe upstream jitter.

Can't see your screenshots yet they have to be approved...

You can setup a BQM and post your IP.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

0 Kudos
maney266
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping jitter and even low speed. Very inconsistent experience over the last few months

Okay im running that BQM thing. Shall i just post the result after 24 hours? Its a bit better later on but i still get random pink spikes. Really frustrating

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You can click the Share Live Graph and post that link here.

You may also need to note if you had anything downloading or uploading at the time.

0 Kudos