Menu
Js10
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

High ping issues in cs:go (up to 600ms)

Hi, I see issues with the whole eu west valve routing ordeal, however my problem seems just just be from consistent high ping. I'm not on wireless, I'm connected via an Ethernet cable. Here's a video just showing what it's like when on an EU server that I would/should have 20-40 ping.

FauxHydon
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping issues in cs:go (up to 600ms)

I have the same issue, there is no solution as of yet, but I find it unacceptable, especially when they offer "the best", and this is what you get. 

140372601 5108484925

Can't do anything, play an online game, or stream a movie on Netflix, because my ping in online games go above 600ms (sometimes even 1200ms!!), and the movie streams in such bad quality that it is a pain to watch. A solution would be nice, even though I don't think we are ever going to get it.

0 Kudos
Js10
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah would be nice to have to have some kind of reply from virgin. 100% on their end as at my parents house, we're on bt infinity and I have no issues with ping whatsoever. Just here at my uni house with Virgin unfortunately.

0 Kudos
ryanl164
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thought it was just me. I have this exact same issue but can't find any fix to it other than restart the router, although it is a solution it isn't permanent and starts to lag again shortly after. Would really like to know what the issue is here it is driving me INSANE.

0 Kudos
Js10
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still not fixed. Not sure what the rest of the yellow says but between 11pm and 3am doesn't look great. 

My Broadband Ping - Virgin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Js10

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems when playing CSGO. Seems you are already aware of the routing issues but your ping is consistently high in that video. Thanks for confirming if you are connected wired or wireless. I can't see any issues that stand out when checking your hub and network segment. Could you post a trace route for us to have a look at when you notice these problems?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Js10
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. This is to a normal valve deathmatch server. There's another updated graph for most of today as well.

ping2.png

My Broadband Ping - Virgin

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Js10

Thanks for getting back to me. That's not looking good,  there could certainly be a problem there. Could you try putting the hub into modem mode and let me know if this makes any difference with this issue? If the problems still continue can you post another trace route for us to have  a look at. You'll also have to set up a new BQM graph for this as your IP address will change.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Js10
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Am I right in thinking that modem mode disables wireless? I do have 3 other housemates that will be using WiFi, so I wouldn't want to mess with their stuff too.

0 Kudos
frank2d2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Modem mode means only the first Ethernet port on the router will work, the other 3 will not work, and there is no wifi

0 Kudos