Menu
Jon2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High ping in the evening.

Hello,

We have been receiving high ping over the past 3-4 weeks in the evening (between 17:00-23:00). It is very intermittent, some nights it is back and forth between 60-250 ms whilst playing mostly CS;GO and LoL, making them both unplayable. Normally the ping for LoL is a very steady 29ms. It happens almost every day, even sometimes in the middle of the day on Saturday/Sunday. We have never had this problem in the past and it is getting progressively worse.

The SuperHub is currently in modem mode and we are using a ASUS router. I have run pingtest to different servers whenever the ping has been high in either game and it always comes back with similar results, so I do not think it is the game servers.

If I need to run tests or you need more information please let me know. If someone could look into this I would be grateful, thank you.

0 Kudos
Martyn3
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ping in the evening.

I have exactly the same problem as you, but playing call of duty on the ps4. I also have the superhub in modem mode and have an ASUS router too, and i am hard wired. I've been told for months now that it is a high utilization problem in my area and it is currently under review. It literally becomes unplayable at peak times and becomes pointless. Hopefully this issue gets fixed within the next few weeks as the new call of duty comes out at the beginning of November (Not getting my hopes up though).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon2,

Sorry to hear you're getting poor speed and latency. Judging by the timing you describe this sounds like area contention. I've tried to check your connection to see what is affecting you but could not locate your account.

I've sent you a private message requesting some information so that I can investigate further. Just check the red envelope in the top left of the forum to view your messages. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon2,

Thanks for getting back to me. Glad to hear the latency issue is working now that you found the faulty ethernet port. 

I have checked your connection now and I'm afraid you are affected by peak time contention fault F003908382 which is due for review 27/01/16. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos