Menu
Meriko
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

High packet loss during the evenings.

Hey, over the past couple of weeks I've been receiving very high incoming packet loss while just playing games during the evening, (Always around 5% but it can spike upwards of 30% for quite a while then settle back down), During the day it is perfectly fine with 0% incoming and outgoing and every time I check the service status it says there are no faults in my area, The most I have open at the same time are 2 MMO games (World of Warcraft and FFXIV) so I don't understand what the problem could be if its on my end. I read about throttling but I doubt it could be that due to just 2 MMO games being played shouldn't hit the cap in place to stop you going over the limit there. Thanks for reading and I hope this can be resolved soon..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: High packet loss during the evenings.

Hi Meriko

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing high packet loss during the evenings.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too low at -12 dBmV and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004232138 and with a review date of 30th November.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos