Menu
DawidWojno7
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High ms/ping in games and speedtest.

Hi,

I have a big problem regarding to ping. I have had this for atleast a year now. I can't play games properly because I have really high ms 300ms+ in anything ex. League of Legends, Cs go. I even checked how my internet speed is doing on speedtest.net and even there it comes up with atleast 200ms. This doesn't occur all the time however, it's kind of random. Mostly it is in the afternoons at about 4pm onwards. It does occur earlier in the day too however. What I may be thinking is that the network might be overloaded as I have many devices connected to the internet at home but I don't really think that should be the problem though. I used to use wi-fi for my computer and it was lagging. Therefore I use the ethernet cable now and it doesn't really seem to make a difference.

Please help me!

0 Kudos
KarpiuKarpinski
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High ms/ping in games and speedtest.

Same thing is happening to me, except that in my case the high ping comes at around 6 - 7 pm and ends around 11 - 12 pm. Also it gets much worse than 300. From around 500 to 1500 ms. The internet is pretty much not usable at all. Videos takes ages to load, websites dont even load sometimes and games... well, imposible to play any online game. This is happening to me for long time as well, I dont even know why I am still a customer of Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
DawidWojno7
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yea exactly the same problem. I dont know if there is any point of changing ISP however because I dont even know what the source of the problem is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey DawidWojno7,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to read that you're getting a high ping at the moment, I know how frustrating this can be.

Are you able to perform a few tests with you Hub in Modem Mode?

If so, could you please post back with your results so we can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos