Menu
thecableguy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High latency/packet loss to ffm

I have been experiencing erratic latency to the game I'm currently playing (Blade & Soul).

The server is located in Frankfurt to which I generally have a ping of around 30 but for this game it's been all over the place (30-250) for too long so I decided to try and troubleshoot the problem.

After jumping through dozens of hoops for their support team they have came to the conclusion (from a PingPlotter data set) that it's Virgin Media at fault and I'm suffering from packet loss.

JVhOz7r

There appears to be some pl at nrth-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net as well as some of the other hops along the way (telia) but the majority of the latency spikes are the final hop.

Currently running a ThinkBB quality monitor which is showing no problems8756b52cfc7ac2ac4b5946708168daec-10-04-2016

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High latency/packet loss to ffm

Hi TheCableGuy,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Blade and Soul. I would agree that the issue appears to be at their end looking at your pingplotter graphs as the jitter is so much worse on the final hop.

I've just checked your connection from here to see if there was anything on our end that might be making this worse but your stats look perfectly fine. Power levels, SNR and area contention all healthy. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
thecableguy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've tried today using the online chat support here from between 18.30 to 20.00 every so often and the one time it said an agent was available at about 19.40; I "Start Chat", had filled out the info, hit submit and it popped up another box saying If I was trying during working hours that no one was available.

Didn't think it would be much use calling as I need someone to look at this data which NCSoft is basing it's judgement off.

0 Kudos
thecableguy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to someone at live chat today who after running a line test concluded it must be the game server at fault. I kind of have to agree because if I start a trace with Pingplotter I can see all these latency spikes only on the final hop when there is zero packet loss showing before it. IblrAYo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi TheCableGuy,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Blade and Soul. I would agree that the issue appears to be at their end looking at your pingplotter graphs as the jitter is so much worse on the final hop.

I've just checked your connection from here to see if there was anything on our end that might be making this worse but your stats look perfectly fine. Power levels, SNR and area contention all healthy. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

thecableguy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John,

NCSoft have given up on the issue claiming we have exhausted all their troubleshooting expertise.

I've been in contact with several of their staff and not one has even been willing to entertain the idea of it possibly being an issue at their end.

They have avoided genuine enquiries and seemingly blamed everything but their server.

The final word from them was to suggest trying a different ISP.
0 Kudos