Menu
andy1up
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

High latency - Xbox One Superhub 2

I'm getting 106mbps down / 6 up but ping is always around 160-170 ms?  This is off a wired connection to a Superhub 2.  I've run speedtest on my PC wired and the latency is 10 - 30ms.

Real issue with streaming video as it will only run SD which looks god awful, will work fine off the xbox 360 however, Amazon Prime HD all the way.

I've forwarded ports with static IP which helped resolve strict NAT to cone, opened DMZ, restarted both modem & Xbone from within software, cleared cache of Xbone, swapped over cables & different ports on modem etc but still cant get below 160 ms. 

Any help appreciated!  I'm in Maidstone, Kent.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: High latency - Xbox One Superhub 2

Hi, Andy1up

The Xbox One is talking back to Microsoft's servers in Seattle when you run the Detailed Network Statistics. I would disregarded the ping info

If you need any more help we are always here.

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

All Replies
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

andy1up wrote:

Real issue with streaming video as it will only run SD which looks god awful, will work fine off the xbox 360 however, Amazon Prime HD all the way.

One of the issues with Amazon Prime HD I've found and it will likely not get resolved is on a dual Display setup you turn one screen off it will run SD so if your xbox is to one Display no problem.

I don't know where the xbox pings to but if its over seas then its going to be high like if I run a speed test to Washington DC is 104ms or San Francisco CA is 156ms which is normal.

0 Kudos
Martin_D
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, Andy1up

The Xbox One is talking back to Microsoft's servers in Seattle when you run the Detailed Network Statistics. I would disregarded the ping info

If you need any more help we are always here.

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
SonarUK
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi andy, that high ping on the speedtest through the xbox will change sometime in 2016 as microsoft are opening 2 data centers in the UK which is a huge step towards us gamers Smiley Happy

Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1e8bSs3
Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1dCNLm0
xBox Support: http://bit.ly/1lE2QrK
Xbox One operating system versions and system updates: http://bit.ly/1NiJS1j

www.twitch.tv/familycreations

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SonarUK wrote:
Hi andy, that high ping on the speedtest through the xbox will change sometime in 2016 as microsoft are opening 2 data centers in the UK which is a huge step towards us gamers Smiley Happy

If anything both speed tests should be run and Microsoft needs to do ping statistics as to what a good ping is as to where you are to a given speed test server.

In fact why is xbox doing a speed test like its speed you need and your going to need more then 3Mb and be done under TCP a UDP speed test with jitter send /receive test would be better.

0 Kudos
andy1up
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for quick replies & advice everyone. 

I did wonder about where the Xbone default pings to as speedtest hits 100ms+ when I tested Texas.  I put these results together with Amazon Prime looking so awful to believe they could be related, but having persisted with clearing the Xbone cache & trying the hard reset method, suddenly it's now running in full HD rather than the terrible blocky 480p of recent (hurrah). 

I haven't done a lot of online/multiplayer on the 360 or the Xbone since switching over to VM but know where to come if I find any issues.

Thanks again & Merry Christmas ! 

0 Kudos
fudge78
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i dont know if this will with your issue but an xbox agent sorted mine for me by opening all the correct ports on port forwarding and the creating a guest network on the super hub 2 just for the xbox one and it works perfectly now 

d4yl331982
Just joined
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

then if you lived in aus you would be ***** as it would take lnger to get there. and the fact that it uses this server to test connection then I guess it is the same server used for on line so if you live in aus good luck

this is what you more than less saying !

so none of this makes any sense as like stated above the same server must be used for on line gaming as what is the point for testing the ping etc on one server and then using a total different server for on line gaming.

that's like saying I will m.o.t your car but putting a different one instead.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
mh1976
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Frudge78 - can you share the port forwarding setting please? Having the same issues! The thing that is bugging me is the speed test on teh Xboz is consistently saying 163ms latency - when I do a speedtest on my network I am getting 20-30ms...

0 Kudos