Menu
itsmattywright
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

High fluctuating pings

Hi

Had major service issues a month ago, which were fixed temporarily by an engineer visit organised by John_G. Engineer said i will continue to have issues until new amp is sorted in street cabinet. Now I dont get full disconnects like i used to, but just frequent ridiculously high pings (not just when gaming, but its obviously when i notice it the most) which go from fine (10-40) to unusable (150-500). Checked power levels yesterday and downstream seemed high (almost 8) and upstream were in the mid 40s. I was hoping posting in here could get me an engineer out to adjust things quicker than calling the service team and explaining that its not my pc/wireless/router needs restarting Smiley Happy

Wired connection at all times btw too

Many thanks

Matt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: High fluctuating pings

Hi Matt,

Happy to hear from you again though sorry to hear your speeds are still poor.

I've just rechecked your connection and can see the fault F003294513 with a review date of 17/02/15 though I can see your upstream power levels have risen too high once again.

We'll have to get another technician out to adjust this and I'll let them know that this has happened before in case there is an underlying cause for the levels to keep going out of spec.

I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for a technician. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wackydude1234
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you mean 17/02/16

Paulington
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me. Ping spikes HARD at 5pm or so and stays spiked until 2am, regardless of what I do or whether anyone is online in the house at all.

It's unbearable and frustrating to be told repeatedly that it's a problem on my end or have an engineer come out, twiddle some wires and say "Yep, fixed". Smiley Sad.

d01b912c17

It should not require 110ms to ping to Aztec West for crying out loud, my 4G phone pings PARIS in 55ms.

KevinHeritier
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I experience the same problem. We have had virgin for years but only recently, and especially at busy hours, ping will go up and down periodically and leads to occasional service interruptions. This problem seems to be network saturation and it's really disappointing. We've been loyal clients, when we pay for a contract we pay for a service that works anytime not only at 7am in the morning where nobody else in our neighbourhood use it.

Paulington
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep, it is currently 21:00 and I have a ping of 130-150ms to a Teamspeak server that from 4am to 4pm I instead have a ping of ~25-30ms.

It is literally making any game I play online [b]unplayable[/b] outside these hours which is the only time I can really play. No replies from Virgin yet other than telling me to do things I've already done and it's made no difference. Absolutely awful.
0 Kudos