Menu
DjJazzyDec
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High Ping while gaming

Hi there,

I have the Hub 3.0 in router mode, with home plugs connected to the router downstairs and to my xbox on the second floor of the house, there are also a few other devices connected via wifi. whenever i am gaming on my xbox i experience high ping when i run a network test usually around 165ms, which really affects the games i play such as fifa, this high ping results in awful laggy gameplay. i have tried port forwarding and dmz'ing my xbox but nothing seems to work to fix the problem. there are no other issues like this with other devices in the house only my xbox.

and so i am wondering if anyone can help me, are there any router settings that can be changed? ive looked online and cant seem to find any similar problems so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping while gaming

Yes there is on here funny enough as I'm trying to find the post my self
I will post a video I found for hub 3 for xbox one but I found this for me to make gaming worse so I am currently running auto not static
I have found the hub 3 a bag of poop and having the issues everyone is having with VM broadband
As I have also had fitted bt and OMG makes VM look like old school diel up so if there is a way we could all work together to try sorting this issue it would be grateful as VM team don't seem to have a clue other than reading from the same page such as are you wired or wireless etc etc
I'm currently working with a guy whom works for micro soft tech here now looking at the so called super hub 😂😂😂
0 Kudos
DjJazzyDec
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there d4yl33,

thanks for your reply, could you possibly link the video for the hub 3.0 and xbox one so i can have a look and see if i need to change any settings?

thanks again in advance

0 Kudos
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm still looking for video my self as I can not remember where it was posted as soon as I find it I will post it

Regarding the engineer ie friend I did not see what he did so I have asked him to send me all info
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dec,

It is probably worth running a Broadband Quality Monitor on your connection over a 24hr period - you can set one up by following this link thinkbroadband.com/ping

There is a hardware issue with the SuperHub 3 - the information for this is here on this forum.

A few things to consider, if you're able to play regardless of what ping you're getting, port forwarding is unlikely to reduce your latency. Port forwarding will help if you can't connect to a game/service or if you're getting 'strict' NAT a lot or constantly. Normally UPnP will take care of opening the required ports for games and common services assuming it's doing it's job correctly, which sometimes it doesn't for whatever reason.

It may be worth considering a 3rd party router to do all the network task and stick the SH3 into modem mode, a lot of users do this and see much better results as it's taking the strain away from the SH3.

0 Kudos