Menu
BlueCalex
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

High Ping in games

Whenever i play online games i'm always getting high ping, sometimes peaking up to 900ms. I have tried switching from Wireless 5G to 2.4G, and i have tried switching to Wired (Powerline) The problem still occurs even when there is one device connected (my computer), Reseting the router either by the power or through the router setting temporarily fixes the issue but not for long. I do not want to switch the router to modem mode as there is still people in the household that need to use wireless. 

0 Kudos
Wesson1989
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping in games

yup and me it sucks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping in games

Hi there BlueCalex,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having high ping spikes whilst online gaming.

Does this happen on all games or just certain ones?

Are you able to post your ping test results for us to take a look please?

Have you tried gaming whilst the Super Hub is in modem mode to see if you get the same issue? This will just be for testing and you won't need to leave the router in modem mode for long.

I was unable to locate your account to see if there are any issues on your line or network that could be causing an impact to your connection. However, I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please, then I can look further into this.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos