Menu
callum900
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

High Ping during the evening 100 to 400

Hi, 

I am currently on the Vivid 150 Mbps service on a wired connection and overall happy. However, recently especially on evenings I am seeing my ping start jumping very high from 100 to 400 at times. It is not always constant and will fluctuate doing this, but as you can imagine this is highly frustrating, particularity during gaming.

Is anyone else finding this problem? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping

Hi callum900

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you've been having. Your hub is currently switched off so I'm unable to run any checks on it but if you are able to leave it on for a few days and bump the thread we can certainly take another look. Everything looks ok when checking your network segment though which is great. Is there any particular game that you experience these issues on?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
callum900
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you for the reply. 

The hub should stay be on for the next few days so hopefully the checks will not be a problem. The games I have noticed it on have mainly been Battlefield 4 and Rainbow 6 siege, however, I have run speed tests on my pc (wired connection) and had the same high pings. I do not know if it helps but when this does occur it tends to be after 3:00 pm and in the evening.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi callum900

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy I've been able to run a few checks on your everything looks healthy. The peak time traffic also looks ok which is great. I can't see anything standing out that would cause a problem. Could you post a trace route to one of the servers you play on when you notice these issues?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
adambunion
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

[deleted]

0 Kudos