Menu
Infinat
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High Ping Spikes When Gaming

I play Overwatch and while it will normally hover around 40ms ping it spikes up every evening or so to 500 and the worst ive seen was 2000.

I knew I was getting a superhub 3 so waited for that to see if it helped, it hasn't.

Speedtest say my ping is around 24ms. even though at the same time the game says its hundreds.

Other people use the internet but this can happen even when I know theyre not doing much

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping Spikes When Gaming

Infinat wrote:

Speedtest say my ping is around 24ms. even though at the same time the game says its hundreds.

The super hub don't do QoS for your bandwidth so yes at the same time its going to go hundreds so to game don't have anyone device do a download or upload even if its for 5 seconds.

To better deal with this put your super hub in modem mode with a QoS router.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Its probably also worth setting up a BQM at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping as this can give you a good idea how bad your problem really is.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Infinat,

Welcome to the Community!

Really Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with both your Downstream and Upstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos