Menu
QPham
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

High Ping, Slow speed, intermittent burst....Service getting worst and prices going up!

I am not very happy with my broadband services of late.....Getting very bad customer service (if you can get hold of anyone).

I am currently on a so called '200mb's connection' which promise the BEST internet in Britain, in reality its only 2-3 mb/s every night for the last week. It's wasn't like this couple years ago. I'm having the same problems last month, unable to play any online games due to high latency. Its happening again NOW!. Get your **bleep** together and fix it.

Current game effected mainly Steam, Blizzard and PS4

DownstreamDownstreamUpstreamUpstream

0 Kudos
QPham
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping, Slow speed, intermittent burst....Service getting worst and prices going up!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Ping, Slow speed, intermittent burst....Service getting worst and prices going up!

Hi QPham, 

Thanks for your post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your slow speeds, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and I will do my best to help get this resolved for you.

I have tested the connection form here and I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

When do you notice these slow speeds, all times of day or just specific ones?

It would be helpful if you could run a speed test with the Hub in modem mode and connect directly via ethernet cable to the computer running in safe mode with networking and post those results here for us to see.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
QPham
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wow.... toke you one week to replied to this post....

Yes, I am still having the issue every day and night, Its connected wired to my hub.

I notice these slow speeds happen randomly during night time (7pm - 4AM) speeds slowed to 1mb/s on some nights, average speed 3mb/s not 200 mb/s as I subscribed to. And sometime the speed goes toggle from 1mb/s to 200mb/s maybe for 10 min to an hour. Making streaming Netflix extremely unwatchable buffering every 1 minute or so.
For gaming its just high latency throughout the night, for playing high demand games like wow during raid time almost impossible.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5862869145.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5862891840.png

Modem mode

0 Kudos
mbmaplethorpe
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you on a SH3? There's a known issue with the hardware these run - the Puma6 chipset

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-amp-CGNV4-Latency...

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31122204-SB6190-Puma6-TCP-UDP-Network-Latency-Issue-Discussion

It's unrelated to any congestion, modem / router mode, SNR / power levels. Essentially Arris and Intel need to fix it and we wait for a firmware update to roll on down to VM and then hope they push it out.

I get terrible latency with mine:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/187ac7a91413e4475437a205ad9e39df.html

0 Kudos
QPham
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm on SH2... having no problem before, its just goes side way in the last few weeks. Just awful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi QPham, 

Thanks for getting back in touch I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection and also for the delay in getting back to you. 

I have taken a look at your connection and your downstream power levels are a little on the low side and seem to be getting lower since the last time you posted. I notice there is also quite a high quantity of post RS errors. Do the post RS errors continue to climb if you reset them?  

I would like to get the power levels corrected for you as it will not be helping your connection. I will pop you a PM to get this arranged. Keep an eye out for the (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner). 

I can't see any issues with slow speeds in the area or any SNR issues, it may help to try another Ethernet cable just to be sure it isn't something like that which is causing the issues. Do you have the same issues with thehub in modem only mode and the computer in safe mode with networking?

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

*edit- spelling

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos