Menu
zandorin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

High Latency

Hi, i play online games and i wanted to ask why do i have to ask my kid to turn off YouTube or otherwise i get very high latency while playing...I have Superfibre 50 and we are only 3 person in the house and only him watch's YouTube...

Would love a reply for this post, thank you.

0 Kudos
Toxicbob
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency

VM is not the best company for gaming in general yes they are fast for streaming etc but there upload and line quality seems to suffer greatly for latency and jitter.

Unfortunatly its the only choice i have other than 7 meg in my area.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi zandorin

Welcome to the forum. I'm really sorry sorry to hear of the problems that you've been experiencing when playing online.

I've run a few checks on your connection. Everything looks healthy with the hub but I can see a fault ticket that's currently raised for peak time contention. The fault reference for this is F003931549. I can't see any updates on the ticket at the moment but if you are able to bump the thread a little closer to the review date which is estimated for 09/03/2016 we can certainly have another look.

Is it  around peak times that these problems happen or throughout the day?

Also are you connected wired or wireless?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
zandorin
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It always happening wen my kid is watching YouTube while I play games...He has an iPad don't know if it helps..My connection is wireless..thanks
0 Kudos