Menu
ianbrown313
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

High Latency and disconnects

So since last friday 4th of march  i have recieved low speeds and high latency connecting to a wide variety of games, youtube and online services

After 10+ calls to tech support and tier 2 i was advised to post here to try and raise this problem.

And before any of you moderators reply

My hub is fine all settings power levels etc are withing normal parameters.

All games affected.

FF14, World of Warcraft, League of legends, Xbox, Counterstrike GO.

There is no issues with my pc or hub. Tech support have proven this already as of 10 mins ago.

If one of you moderators actually looks at all the forum posts and in the speed section aswell you will see this is an actual network issue and the bs answers as to upgrades etc in your area are a waste of time and get us no closer to getting this issue resolved

World of warcraft tech forums - Loads of posts in regards to latency

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/874936/

Final Fantasy 14 online - Same again loads of posts

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/search.php?searchid=52019953

Its getting beyond a joke now in regards to all the posts and lack of any answer.

There is a problem with the network not our pcs, consoles or anything else

0 Kudos
mbozaritchie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: High Latency and disconnects

Bumping this for a at least a response from VM.

First my 5g devices were dropping from the hub a number of weeks ago... VM blamed this on a firmware upgrade that was being rolled out.... a WEEK for a firmware upgrade... my @rse! 

Now we have pisspoor latency in games.  Is this simply a ploy to push gamers to pay more for their connection by foisting "Vivid 200 Gamer" on us at an undoubtedly exorbitant increase in price per month?

High time someone at least responded to this and who knows......?   maybe took some action!

ianbrown313
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

as far as im aware there was a firmware update for the superhub 2ac or something that did screw with latency.

the superhub 3 firmware was botched from the start with a chipset issue and the fix for this is in beta testing which could take weeks/months.

But i was on the hub2 which has no issues with firmware.

Suddenly this happened on the 4th and been ongoing. 

Although my speed is fixed still have latency issues.

0 Kudos
Andarne
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When was this firmware released? For the past week I've been having spikes of high-latency that I've never seen before. This is causing some annoyance when I stream to Twitch, or play online games like ESO.

Connection runs fine for maybe 5/10 mins, then a spike, another few mins, another spike, etc.

0 Kudos
ianbrown313
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Last Friday it started for me. Same issues as a lot of people on this forum and the speed section. I spoke to tech support in Glasgow and the guy actually knew stuff. The firmware for 2ac is apparently is new issue but superhub 3 has been going on for a while.

That being said the latency issues we all have this last week and half don't seem to be from the firmware updates. A lot of stuff seems to point at bottleneck/traffic jam at the London data exchange. He did point out the Virgins tech process takes longer than it should to actually investigate a problem. The thing that **bleep** me off is the bs replies from tech supp/mods when we can clearly see issues with lag from last Friday on multiple games and platforms is affectin the wider community of gamers on VM. All u need to do I read the forums on league of legends. Wow. Csgo and all the other multiplayer games
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello ianbrown313

Sorry you have been having a few problems with latency and disconnects. As you mention your connection is looking good so it may be a routing/peering issue. I notice that you have called in and our 2nd line team are investigating F005161087 so will leave it with them to progress.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's frustrating to say the least.

Routing and peering is something we shouldn't have to worry about and it certainly shouldn't be relied upon the wider community to keep raising the issues over and over again.

I'm suffering poor peering which essentially means I cannot play on our rented server for BF4. We have the option to move that service, but we shouldn't have to.

I wouldn't be half as miffed if VM marketing weren't constantly going on about how 'fast' their connections are, yes bandwidth is lovely but I'd happily sacrifice some bandwidth for better routing/peering and connection consistency.

PS the latency to London (where the BF4 server is hosted) is hovering around the 50ms mark.

0 Kudos
ianbrown313
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Nicola

its been going since the 4th of march this is an ongoing issue and have recieved 0 updates i cant even work its getting to be a joke.

There is clearly a network issue in ayrshire.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ianbrown313,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked the fault ticket that my colleague Nicola mentioned and this has now been closed down as resolved.

Are you still experiencing the same issue with high latency/disconnections or has there been an improvement?

Look forward to hearing from you 

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JohnE4U
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am having a nightmare.

I initially had connection issues generally, both to broadband and TV.  It took 4 weeks to get resolved which included replacing my old superhub with the new superhub (3 I think).  It also involved them replacing the main box (actually outside my house), apparently the high temperatures had caused issues with the boards/solder cracking.

My general connectivity problem has been resolved; however, since then I have had a more constant issue with high latency, and constant (very short/milli-seconds) drop outs.  This makes playing games/streaming (streaming on BET 365 is unusable).

I am loathed to contact customer support; my initial experience (4 weeks etc) was enough to put anybody off.  I threatened to cancel my account etc, which resulted in an initially improved customer support expeieince (2 phone calls), but since then, I have NOT received the call I was promised where they would check I am happy.

I am NOT HAPPY!

Please Virgin, I am paying an awful lot of money for your service; can you knowledge there is a problem, and please let me know ASAP what you are doing about it.

Oh, and my speed has consistently been less than 100Mb; prior to the initial problem I would consistently, day or night, any time, get around 150+.

Taken from my ThinkBroadband "Broadband Quality Monitor); all days are exactly the same.