Menu
NickLFC92
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi my son is having network issues with his ps4. A Mac connection test is running at 70 mbps download whi

Hi my son is having network issues with his ps4. A Mac connection test is running at 70 mbps download while the PS4 is running at 15kbps download!! Due to the location of the ps4 and the my VM superhub, a wired connection isn't possible, any ideas to sort this out? My son is going nuts, this has gradually been going slower over time to the point he now cannot play any online games and update downloads can take a weekend!!! it used to work fine a year ago, BTW.

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi my son is having network issues with his ps4. A Mac connection test is running at 70 mbps download

Have you thought about powerline connectors , or wifi range extenders at all ?

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
NickLFC92
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi my son is having network issues with his ps4. A Mac connection test is running at 70 mbps download

TBH it's only about 4m away from the hub, through a set of doors and all things work great on the wifi, even into the garden! What are powering connectors?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi my son is having network issues with his ps4. A Mac connection test is running at 70 mbps ...

Hi NickLFC92, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005177694 for SNR and FECS (Signal to Noise Ratio and Forward Error Corrections). 

The current review date is 27/03/2017. I will keep an eye on this fault and let you know as soon as I know more. It is likely this is the issue you have been having trouble with as it can affect the wireless connection. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi my son is having network issues with his ps4. A Mac connection test is running at 70 mbps ...

Hi NickLFC92, 

Just a quick update fault ref F005177694 for SNR and FECS  has now been resolved and the connection now looks good from this side. 

If you do need us to take a look at anything else let us know and we will always be happy to do so. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mattps4wifi
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue. Has your been resolved if so how. Some one please help me out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mattps4wifi,

Thanks for getting in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. When I've checked I can see that we're working on a fault in your area under ref: F004973707 which is due for review on the 19th April. This fault can cause slow speeds, especially during peak time hours.

Apologies for this, let me know if you've got any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos