Menu
RedEyes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pings again

had this the other weekend with high pings to Battlefield 4 servers on xbox one. This afternoon all pings were the usual sub 40ms on battlelog yet again this evening as per the other sunday they have all leapt to over 100ms making gaming impossible. Getting very very very tired of this now

If this doesn't get resolved i will move simple as that

0 Kudos
-Rom-
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi Pings again

Yeah, same here.

Lots of servers have massive pings. Friends on Virgin have the same issue. Currently on hold, 15 mins and counting.

Ive done tracert tests etc. There is something wrong with the network routing.

Just got off the phone, complete waste of time. Maybe its one of my wireless devices trying to access a web page....

Thats causing me to have a lower ping to servers in America...than Europe!

Its ok, as its 'been escalted to the networking department now'

0 Kudos
RedEyes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yeah its been like it a few sundays now albeit that pings are lower than they have been 100+ they have been as high as 400ms

i wouldnt mind but these issues have been raised before and yet low and behold they are still happening regularly, if they aren't prepared to do anything then i will just cancel and move

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Both,

Sorry to hear you're getting high pings to battlefield. 

Redeyes, I've checked your connection and everything looks fine from here. Your power levels, SNR and contention are all good. A ping of 100ms to an american server is normal. If you've both run traceroutes could you post them here for us to take a look at?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RedEyes
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i NEVER play US servers only those based in Europe for obvious reasons, it has happened a few times now on sunday evenings and looking at the amount of other people that have reported the same issue it is obviously not down to my connection

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RedEyes,

I'm trying to help you find the source of these high pings and eliminate them. To do that I need to see the traceroutes you've run or could you run new ones and post them here. 

The remark about US servers was in response to -Rom-s comment, not aimed at you so apologies if I've caused any undue offence. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos