Menu
Kyla
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help very slow speeds !!!

My son has been having nothing but bother on Xbox live this has been going on so long now ! Very slow download speeds we've bought and installed an extra long ethatnet lead just incase it was the wirless .. we've also bought the wireless boosters to plug in and nothing has helped . It's so frustrating as he cant play properly and has been no were near the speeds he's suppose to get can anyone help 😡😡
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help very slow speeds !!!

it can be high trafic on the network or it can be routers power levels that needs sorting

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
Wez2025
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Helllo , I am having the same problem

I am on 150mbps and get 131mbps when i download something over xbox live then all of a sudden it will just drop down to 10mbps and i can't do anything about it

Its not tht we're being put into traffic managment because we no longer get put into it through download speeds only upload

xboxsupport just state contact your isp , open your ports etc

its annoyin when you have static ip set up with all ports open and connected via ethernet and you drop to 10mbps downloading something over xbox one

my nat type is open in network settings

funny thing is when it does drop down to 10mbps on the xbox one console via ethernet my wifi is still getting 100+ speeds so my internet connection can't off dropped in any way

recently i have noticed in my network settings on the xbox one console it states "you're using a ipv4 connection try using ipv6 for a better connection"

and it does not look like virgin media will support ipv6 any time soon

they will just try and make you upgrade to vivid 200 gamer speeds or whatever it is and shouldn't have to do this

Kyla
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou David it's really crap have tried everything going to phone them tomorrow see what they say probably nothing 😡My upload is just under 4 on the laptop and 2.93 on the Xbox .
0 Kudos
Kyla
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou wez2025 were the same its rubbish there's no way I'm adding x amount of money for there gaming package which is so expensive to what I already pay v media no way making a call to them tomorrow as had enough even with the earth net lead in the Xbox and no other devices on still only getting 2.93 uploads on Xbox live
0 Kudos