Menu
MasterOfSloths
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help! I live in a student house with Virgin Media. Unable to play Fifa 17 online as it's too laggy.

I am unable to play Fifa 17 online on my PS4 because it is way too laggy. The PS4 is connected to the superhub via WIFI which is only in the room next door.

Signal strength should not be an issue as my laptop and other devices in the same room get acceptable download speeds.

I have set up a static IP address and tried forwarding all the ports as well as placing the IP address of my PS4 in a DMZ however neither of these steps have improved connectivity.

A network test on the PS4 gives these very low results.

NAT Type: 2
Connection Speed (Download): 3.4 Mbps
Connection Speed (Upload): 283.6 kbps

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this, bearing in mind I am unable to connect the PS4 via ethernet due to my living arrangements?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! I live in a student house with Virgin Media. Unable to play Fifa 17 online as it's too laggy.

Try an Ethernet cable temporarily to see if its a wifi issue, if so homeplugs

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! I live in a student house with Virgin Media. Unable to play Fifa 17 online as it's too laggy.

jb66 wrote:

Try an Ethernet cable temporarily to see if its a wifi issue, if so homeplugs

This

Download speeds aren't the issue for gaming, its about latency and packet loss, something wifi is not very good at, gaming generally requires the lowest possible latency and most games aren't great when it comes to handling packet loss

0 Kudos