Menu
sasraptorforce
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Held Offline DDOS Attack

Hey Ive not been able to get online for some time now as i have been victim of a DDOS attack and have been held offline for a good amount of time and its not the first. Is there any chance of a new IP and a dynamic instead of static? Thanks
0 Kudos
Ben01
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Held Offline DDOS Attack

Hello.
What router do you have? If you click on the reset button on your router it gives you a new IP. Or go to 192.168.0.1 and click revert to factory settings. To prevent being DDoSed again I'd recommend setting up a VPN/ sock 5 connection after your IP address changed for the desired device you use.
0 Kudos
Ben01
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tips on avoiding the attacker getting your IP address include: not clicking on malicious links/ IP logging links, if you have a outdated Skype version I'd recommend updating it as they patched Skype resolvers, using a VPN whilst gaming to prevent your router IP showing in wireshark/ kain enable, last but least I'd recommend you block ICMP in the router settings so you can't be pinged, which makes the attacker clueless if your IP is timing out
0 Kudos
sasraptorforce
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How would i set up a sock 5 connection and trieda reset last time it doesn't work. Its the super hub 2ac
0 Kudos
Ben01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are a few tutorials on YouTube on how to set up a sock5 connection. You need proxy configuration file and a sock 5 program. If you put you superhub into modem mode it gives you a new IP but the down side is only in modem mode. If you call virgin on 150 they could change your IP address for you free of charge.
0 Kudos
Ben01
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Once you have called them and they change your IP, make sure you protect yourself as much as possible to prevent being DDoSed again. If you need any further advice reply/ PM. I'm guessing your from England? If you're from America the number may be different to 150
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ben01 wrote:
 If you call virgin on 150 they could change your IP address for you free of charge.

I very much doubt they will.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Ben01
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Luckily they did for me. May not be the case for everyone though.

0 Kudos