Menu
renata1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HIGH PING IN GAMES

Hi. I've been using VM 100Mbps broadband for 8 months and I can't say I'm not satisfied. The download speed is fabulous and everything runs smoothly.  My only problem is when I'm playing online games. My ping in games like BF3 or Counter Strike: GO is normally around 37ms. which is very frustrating, last two months goes up to 400-500. I don't know why it happens, nobody downloads or uploads anything at the time I'm playing. I restarted the router to see if it helps but it's still the same story. 

Is there any way to reduce this ping? 

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Spitfire16
Up to speed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HIGH PING IN GAMES

if you have a Hub 3 read this 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

In Short were waiting for a firmware update , everyone who has a Hub 3 is Affected

renata1987
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i need help high ping hub 3 HOW its inposible 6 month was ok no its  not inposible play a hold this only f or gaming  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

renata1987 wrote:

i need help high ping hub 3 HOW its inposible 6 month was ok no its  not inposible play a hold this only f or gaming  

Post the Upstream and Downstream stats from the hub http://192.168.0.1 -> do not login, click 'router status' instead, the those stats there. Also, if you're gaming Wireless, switch to using either Ethernet cables or powerlines+Ethernet (whichever is easier.)

And if you ultimately can't get it back to bearable levels, use the price rise to cancel without penalty and go with a DSL/VDSL offering from another ISP, as the chance of VM issuing you a Superhub 2 AC or Superhub 2 are next to none

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon renata1987,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing high ping times whilst gaming.

When I checked your connection, the downstream power levels are too high at +12 dBmV and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos