Menu
yue
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Guild Wars 2 DC

Hey, so I regularly get disconnected from Guild Wars 2 and I don't know why. My ping is alright (30-40). I don't seem to be losing internet access when it DCs, I have an ethernet cable directly to my superhub, and don't have problems in other games or most of the time in GW2. I set up port forwarding and tried using port 80. Reinstalled the game. Disabled background programs. I don't know what else to try, does anyone have any suggestions? (inb4 'play a better game' Smiley Tongue )

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Guild Wars 2 DC

Hey yue,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry about the problems you're experiencing with GW2, I understand this is frustrating.

Sounds like you've performed all the basic checks, do all your other devices  / games perform well? You said you've applied some port forwarding rules, have you tested with the DMZ rule? If not, I think this might be a valid test as it will let us know if this is a port forwarding issue.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mystic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
yue
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been running some tests instructed by GW2 support and they advised I set up port forwarding for ports 80 and 443. I don't really understand why but that seems to have fixed my problems for now, in case that helps anyone else.
0 Kudos