Menu
LetMePlayLoL
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Got banned due to Virgin media

Hello dear community,

Now I will share what happened to me and drained my sanity to its peek.

I am a competitive player in League of Legends community, who played for 5 years and now I am in Diamond division. However, due to recent events was demoted to gold after my battle with the Internet in our house.

First of all everything was pretty sweet, no issues WhatSoEver, but after a while wireless started to get large ping spikes, after which I started using wired connection. For a while everything was fine, but later on I started to get an error "cannot connect to League of Legends server" and the game wont start, however if I use wireless everything works fine, except large ping spikes. And battle continues to this day, when neither wireless or cable works and router starts restarting at random times. I started missing games and while getting this error and now I got banned for 1 week ( I HAVE NEVER BEEN BANNED BEFORE).

So my question would be CAN YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT???? I am studying systems engineering and Yes, I tried restarting the modem and changing DNS, and tethering it through my phone.  Help me before I completely lose my sanity.

0 Kudos
LetMePlayLoL
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Got banned due to Virgin media

Very helpful community you have there...

0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your best bet is to phone them up & ask them to have a look at the connection to see if there are faults in the area or with the equipment?

150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone

What types of pings are you getting / class as high?

Sometimes connections/systems play up, it's unfortunate & a bit harsh that you got banned for latency issues, is the connection shared? Others downloading/streaming heavy when you are gaming? Have you tried the superhub in modem mode?

0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Start off with posting your downstream / upstream logs from the superhub. Secondly, set yourself up with a ping monitor from thinkbroadband. Your area "might" be highly congested, so your connection may suffer during peak times. Only a VM mod will be able to tell you if it's the case if so. VM mods take 3-5 days to reply usually, so do be patient.

If you're ever going to do any sort of competitive gaming though, NEVER use wireless. I know you said you "started" using wired eventually, but you may have been banned due to the disconnects via wireless.Remember, wireless is heavily congested in some built up areas, so disconnects are going to be commonplace. Wireless is half duplex in nature (only 1 node can transmit at a time), so getting a perfect connection is going to be fairly impossible. Also, the superhubs have terrible wireless, and probably always will. Invest in some hardware yourself if you plan on doing some serious gaming, and always go wired.

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!
0 Kudos