Menu
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gaming unbearable

Got my PS4 hardwired to superhub 3(anything but super) on the 100mbs package but in all truth I'm getting nowhere near this speed, my download is fluctuating widely normally get 30mbs and goes to low as 10mb every time I do a speed test I get different speeds, we paying for 100mbs and it's not acceptable we get only 50mbs down to low as 10mbs. All I can say is these superhubs are not good enough, they're loaded with problems but virgin still sending people them it's not on I'm sorry.
Now my issue besides the speed issue is the latency I'm experiencing when gaming, it gets so bad it makes online gaming unbearable, I know the superhub 3 has a big latency issue but I had major latency also when we had a superhub 2. Virgin media keep saying my connection fine then they start ignoring me, their phone customer service is also bad same old your connection is fine, but clearly it's not as my online gaming experience wouldn't be horrific. Also when is the superhub 3 latency fix coming? Never, that's what I thought. I shall not be getting virgin media when I move into my new appartment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming unbearable

Hello Lee2,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry for the problems you're having with your connection, I appreciate this is irritating. As you've been told before, everything does look normal with regards to your power and SNR levels. I think it would be a good idea for you to set up a BQM so we can take a closer look at the performance of your network.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dasBOT
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

m8 Virgin media is not for gamers its actualy the worst internet provider in the UK they are nothing but the liers and scammers, if you have a chance switch

0 Kudos
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I agree with post above , no fibre is available in my area so I'm switching to bt with a 15 download , switch 

0 Kudos