Menu
Highlighted
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Gaming settings for the superhub3!

I have the virgin gamer 200 package! Would I needn't to change any settings for better performance? How do I access my superhub?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Gaming settings for the superhub3!

odd... its possible that the tplink is increasing your latency so the variation in ping at your router is less noticeable.

10-20ms is probably about as good as your going to get from your virgin connection until intel sorts out the puma 6 issues.

setup the think broadband quality monitor if you can and see if that shows up any issues.

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Get yourself a decent router and put the superhub into modem mode, you should then get a slightly better ping.

The hub3 has issues due to the way intel implemented the chipset and are using the hub3 cpu instead of its native hardware. supposedly they will come up with a fix sometime. Using your own router helps a little, but doesn't totally negate the problem.

p.s. access your superhub on 192.168.0.1, password should be stuck on the bottom of the superhub

Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've managed to access my hub thanks.what you're saying is my hub 3 can't work to its full capacity so I need a good router to replace it or connected to it? My PS4 is connected by an Ethernet cable which is connected to a plug socket wireless extender.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You should still be able to get full network speeds (barring external factors such as contention) with your hub3 as it is. The only problem with the hub3 apart from it being really basic, is that due to issues related to the way intel implemented things it struggles from latency issues.

That aside going via a wireless extender is also going to negatively effect things.What wireless extender are you using and is there o way to get an ethernet all the way from your ps4 to the superhub ?

Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the tp-link av500 wireless extender. My super hub3 is connected via Ethernet cable to the wireless extender plug downstairs. Upstairs is where I have the PS4 which is connected to the other wireless extender plug. Do I need the superhub3 directly connected to the ps4 downstairs? How would I know if my latency is really messed up?
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ok that tp-link is more of a powerline adapter as apposed to a wifi repeater.

Still not as good as a direct connection, but better then a repeater.

to track latency you can setup a BQM here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors.html

However you'll know if your latency is really messed up if you start rubberbanding everywhere, also quite a few games will display the current ping if you want.

all you can really do now is wait until it is all setup and then see.

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

When I do checks using various apps and gadgets I usually get a ping rate of between 10-20ms. Sometimes I get a lot of lag during gaming but I'm not sure weather it's me or the servers I'm connected to. Would It be easier to re-install my hub3 to the same room as the PS4 which is upstairs or just buy a good router?
0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I connected my PS4 directly to the hub by cable and the connection various from really low to really good every few minutes, where else upstairs with the tplink I get a good stable connection but not as strong as downstairs. What does this mean?
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

odd... its possible that the tplink is increasing your latency so the variation in ping at your router is less noticeable.

10-20ms is probably about as good as your going to get from your virgin connection until intel sorts out the puma 6 issues.

setup the think broadband quality monitor if you can and see if that shows up any issues.

0 Kudos
Tizzmanizz
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yesterday I disabled the firewall and upnp thingy as well as restarting the hub3 and I get no lag that's noticeable now.
0 Kudos