Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (148 Views)

Gaming performance is terrible

Hi,

Is there any reason why every time I play on Xbox live it's painfully slow and unresponsive?

I use a wired connection with a gaming router. I've port forwarded etc. I even bought a gaming monitor in the hope that might improve the issue, but unfortunately nothing.

It's honestly painful, and the only response I receive from Microsoft is that it's down to my isp.

Failing you actually providing a service that's adequate do you have any recommendations of isp's that provide a decent connection?
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4 (85 Views)

Re: Gaming performance is terrible

I have same issue awful gaming experience especially in call of duty. People tell me BT are good for gaming
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (68 Views)

From what I've been reading sky fibre is the best. Virgin apparently has latency issues and poor upload speeds, and they also have a problem with traffic at peak times which caps whatever internet package you have anyway.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4 (47 Views)

It's their superhubs, they have a latency like the superhub 3 I use.
My gaming is fine with little delay but the more matches I play the worse the latency gets (as worse as seconds behind other players) which is unbearable.
My guess is the superhubs are the issue, they're not stable enough, but hopefully they fix it but then again I've had this issue for 2 years
0 Kudos