Menu
Richfell
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gaming lag on Xbox one

hi

I am becoming really frustrated with the lag I am getting when gaming in my Xbox one. it is hard wired less than 3 meters when I do speed test I get great results. But yet when I am gaming with friends I get really bad lag on black ops Fifa and even rocket league . I have tried everything I have even spent a hour on the phone to Xbox but still get the same lag. Has anyone got any advice please .

0 Kudos
soundfader
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming lag on Xbox one

hi there ok i'm on virgin with xbox one, these are the things i did to resolve my issues, firstly add all the ports for xbox from port forwarding on your admin page, then under dhcp reservation, add your xbox ip address and mac address and save it, now the hub will always assign that ip for your xbox and you should always get open nat and happy gaming....

0 Kudos
Richfell
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply my nat is always open that's what is frustrating but will try what you said
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

im in same boat.. i have critical lag in COD where im 3 seconds behing everyone in the game and virgin have the cheek to say my connection is fine so i keep posting complaining about this latency in gaming and they are ignoring all my posts cos they know their broadband is dreadful for gaming, they can ignore me all they want, at the end of the day there the ones losing money, going to try and get my GF to switch isp, had this problem a year now.

For gaming you need to switch isp... look at all the posts from other people complaining of similar issues if you needed added incentives to switch.

Their customer service team are just as clueless as these on this forum lol

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richfell

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing with your Xbox connection. I can't see any problems when running some checks on your hub and network segemnet. Let us know how you get on with opening ports for Xbox live as soundfader suggested and if this makes any difference. 

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Richfell
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply
I'm still getting same problems it's not constant lag as in it doesn't happen every game but happens enough to be very frustrating and as mentioned happens on several games. My super hub is 4 years old would a new one improve it ?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richfell

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear that it's not made much of a difference and you're still experiencing pretty bad lag in games. There are quite a few timeouts showing when running some checks on your connection again so I'd like to arrange an engineer visit just to check things over. I'll send you a PM to get this arranged. 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos