Menu
Tenkar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gaming Problem

For the past few months I have had no problem playing games online and I use my pc wired (Ethernet) but for the last week ive had a real hard/long time getting online example is below is from Swtor

Try to login get server in unavailable get kicked.

Try again to log in and it works loads the servers and they are blank wait 5 mins still blank so log out.

Log back in and the servers load so select my server and loads for 1-2 mins then get kicked.

Log back in and select server to join and everything loads and everything is fine till I need to leave load a new area and then it loads for 1-2 mins and I get kicked.

Log back in and select server and then it loads in to the new area. It is also the same for other games Skyforge, Elder Scroll Online and that is only on my pc with a wired connection.

I also get the same on my ps4 trouble logging in to games and even on my xperia z2 using wifi. But everything other than games works great on all (PC Ps4 Laptop Phones) from downloading stuff to Netflix and watching stuff online.

My connection is also good got this last time,

But still get this problem from games,

Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Gaming Problem

Hi Tenkar,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having issues with gaming. There is currently an issue we're looking into with the latest firmware on the SH2 causing drop outs from games but this sounds like something different.

I've checked your connection and can see your downstream power levels are too low which will need a technician to adjust. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this. 

Check the red envelope in the top left of the forum to see your messages.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tenkar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello John_G

Thanks for getting back to me about by problem I have replied back to your pm.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tenkar,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've just sent you a reply to your private message.

Cheers again.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tenkar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello John_G

Booking confirmed and message replied to hopefully everything can get sorted by the technician.
0 Kudos
Tenkar
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well had a technician come out today to help with my gaming problem and adjust the my power levels and can still not get a stable connection to play anything have tested it on my ps4 and a few pc games and still keep getting error connecting to server or randomly kicked due unstable connection.

He said I may have better luck with a new super hub since mine is the super hub 1 but from looking on the forums people seem to be having the same problem with gaming with that hub also not seen any problems with the super hub 2 ac so far on the forums unless I have missed them.

Called up before and spoke to someone from tech support who said I should wait 24hrs to see if the problem should fix its self by then then was saying that there is a network error that the engineers are trying to fix and that the super hub is not compatible with the ps4 which made me laugh since its worked fine for a long time.

Really stating to get annoyed now I still may be getting a high speed for everything else browsing, streaming ect but I got the broadband for playing games and if it cant do that then I don't see the point in keeping.

Still got a contract till march with my broadband but still may be worth paying the £25.90 to just leave

0 Kudos
carrotcruncher
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Got a superhub 2 a couple of days ago, after my old superhub 1 died.

Having the same problem as OP - but with World of Warcraft - random disconnects - get booted from raids - not the best being a tank as it then leads to other people having wasted their time and effort and my name is fast becoming Mr Unreliable after years with no problems.

My son also plays WoW and is now on the verge of being kicked from his hardcore raiding guild as he cannot maintain a connection and that is a direct result of this issue over just the last couple of days.

Over an hour on the phone with tech today explaining the problem and them going through the motions of testing the connection etc, which I already knew to be fine in normal conditions - it is the traffic profiling in the firmware which thinks any type of streaming or online game play through non-normal protocols is torrents and it kills connections for a millisecond - just enough the cause the discos.

After all this time wasted and very repeated pressing on my part did the tech guy admit there was an issue and it was being worked on.

What the heck is the point of going through all this - I knew what the problem was as I explained it from the start, yet we had to go through all the BS and me pressurising him to finally admit the situation.

WOW Forums awash with people having the same issue - none reported with superhub1 or superhub 2ac - alternatively of course I could by another router and run the rubbish hub in modem mode only - but I don't see why I should have to fork out for new hardware when yours isn't doing it's proper job.

I'm paying for a service and being given equipment that is not suitable for purpose - how long is this firmware fix going to take  ??? - nobody can or will give me an answer - otherwise I think 2ac hubs should be sent out to those with issues.

It's a big deal for my household and 'we're working on it' doesn't cut the mustard.

0 Kudos