Menu
delphinas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Games have normal ping but I get connection problems and "jitters" the network became unstable.

So I have an issue like everybody else. Basically any of the games or streaming services are almost impossible to use/play. I have constant "Jitters" and connection loss. I use wireless network since I can't use wired. It started 1 week ago. Before that it used to be perfect! This is definitely NOT THE peak time issue. I have played during the night 2am and morning and midday and evening - same issue, not even slightly better at night.

This is something from your end guys because wireless used to work perfect and now it is struggling.

Please do something about it I want to get a service I pay for.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Games have normal ping but I get connection problems and "jitters" the network became unstable.

Hi delphinas,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums , though sorry to hear about the connection problems and jitter.

I've run a few checks on both your Superhub and local network segment and both are reporting back in good shape so the lag issues are something of a mystery.

We need to establish if it's the wireless side of the connection that's the problem or whether there's a different issue at work here, I appreciate this may be difficult but testing with a wired connection would be the best way to do this.

If you check out the wireless troubleshooting guide here this may also prove helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
delphinas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Games have normal ping but I get connection problems and "jitters" the network became unsta

Dear Ralph,

I have checked your guide and I can guarantee that I follow the guidelines. My router is next to my laptop or in a room close by. Even when the router is literally besides the laptop I still have frequent connection loss. When I switch to wired network, lag is gone and everything works as it should. However what I would like to emphasise here is that my wireless connection was working WITHOUT ANY LAG at all few weeks ago, no matter which room I am in and so on. Something has changed definitely. 

Is it to do with the latest firmware of the superhub?

By the way what would I need to do so that you would be able to test wired network?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Games have normal ping but I get connection problems and "jitters" the network became unsta

Hi Delphinas,

Thanks for testing wired and showing that this works perfectly. This at least proves that wireless is the sole cause. Wireless is a very unstable medium and prone to a myriad of influences outside of our control. If there's been a new piece of electrical equipment or another wireless network in the area this can affect the signal on yours. If the wireless environment is too saturated in your area there isn't very much we can do. 

I'd recommend playing games over a wired connection at all times as this is the only way to guarantee a stable connection.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos