Menu
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Games Last Three Days

I am having a serious issue the past few days and to be frank you lot are really starting to **** me off. I don't know if you are trying new stuff to block some sites or what but whatever you are doing YOU NEED TO ******* STOP IT NOW. It started 3 days ago when I woke up to discover that through my broadband connection I couldn't connect to battlenet launcher or play World of Warcraft and even trying to get onto Blizzard Site kept timing out and trying to get my E-Mails via ee (Old freeserve account) brought up a socket error through client and when I tried to log into the E-Mail portion of their site I got timeouts and secure connection failures but when I tried doing both via mobile data I had no issues.

Today I am experiencing the same with Star Trek Online but trying to access the site via Tor Browser which I use for testing to see if you are ******* up somewhere I had no issues getting to the site. If you are trying a new system to carpet bomb what you suspect to be suspect traffic STOP IT, your constant price increases are getting me closer and closer to the line of looking somewhere else I don't need this stuff from any automated ip blocking crap you are doing.

Edit

WoW issue along with mail was sorted after an hour or two but honestly there is always something with this company and gaming that always has issues cropping up in relation some online games.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Games Last Three Days

alphaomega16 wrote:

I am having a serious issue the past few days and to be frank you lot are really starting to **** me off. I don't know if you are trying new stuff to block some sites or what but whatever you are doing YOU NEED TO ******* STOP IT NOW. It started 3 days ago when I woke up to discover that through my broadband connection I couldn't connect to battlenet launcher or play World of Warcraft and even trying to get onto Blizzard Site kept timing out and trying to get my E-Mails via ee (Old freeserve account) brought up a socket error through client and when I tried to log into the E-Mail portion of their site I got timeouts and secure connection failures but when I tried doing both via mobile data I had no issues.

Today I am experiencing the same with Star Trek Online but trying to access the site via Tor Browser which I use for testing to see if you are ******* up somewhere I had no issues getting to the site. If you are trying a new system to carpet bomb what you suspect to be suspect traffic STOP IT, your constant price increases are getting me closer and closer to the line of looking somewhere else I don't need this stuff from any automated ip blocking crap you are doing.

Edit

WoW issue along with mail was sorted after an hour or two but honestly there is always something with this company and gaming that always has issues cropping up in relation some online games.

There is no blocking of sites or "a new system to carpet bomb what you suspect to be suspect traffic" , you may remove your tinfoil hat now...the only sites VM blocks are those the high court order them to block (TPB etc)

If you want some actual help,

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

But truthfully , servers have issues. If you have general connectivity and a site is failing, its the site 99/100.

0 Kudos
Chaotica
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I also have the same problem as the OP with playing Star Trek Online.  I started a thread on this forum, providing a tracert but it has not received any replies. 

This is appears to be an issue affecting mostly Virgin Media customers.  I have encountered other people in game with the same issue and I've asked them what their service provider is; same answer every time.  Virgin Media. 

Edit:

13/11/2016 15:44:30 GMT13/11/2016 15:44:30 GMTCritical (3)82000200No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

^ The above error with T3 timeouts was listed multiple times when I looked at my router's network log.

Below is a cropped print screen of my Upstream.  My Downstream also listed the same error with T3 timeouts.

forvm.png

0 Kudos
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

"But truthfully , servers have issues. If you have general connectivity and a site is failing, its the site 99/100."

So I guess Blizzard site, STO site, EE E-Mails not working via VM route connection but working 100% via tor + mobile data was just a 3/3 fluke.

One site fair enough but when all of a sudden several functions are blocked at once it suggests to me that something is very wrong that warrants a nice shiny hat.

Here is picture of downstream + upstream

http://imgur.com/7kloRrr

here is log with IP address blacked out

http://imgur.com/dlEKvmv

on the 8th we had power cut so the messages were me trying to restore my original network IP of .0.2 (It wont remember IP's assigned on reboot)

Edit

Bloke across the road is with VM as well so I can check if its just me having an issue or not so its easy to eliminate my end as the source problem.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Nowt wrong on either of those, all seems fine

Chuck up a BQM well see if there's any packet loss WAN side

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

BQM.jpg

0 Kudos
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Also when I made that carpet bomb statement there was something similar that happened a couple of years ago when a lot of sites were not accessible when you trying to P2P stuff it backfired big time and games that used such protocols were crippled like World of Tanks, STO, WoW which use P2P system in their launchers so I was assuming the same happened here as a lot of https sites were having secure connection failures as well as game launchers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

What happened a few year ago is exactly what happens now. VM have traffic management on the upstream,which means you get your connection slowed right down if you hit certain thresholds..Gamer package now does away with upload limits but the rest still have the same thresholds.

Its also pretty easy to saturate your upstream if you are using P2P, especially torrents.

The other thing that happens on torrents is too many incoming connections will make your HUB fall over

So if you are using P2P in the background, or streaming to TWITCH or similair, you can experience symptoms similair to what you are seeing.

0 Kudos
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It is set up that way, I have TBB monitor running.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/9d229cd02beb8bdec4a750f4f7acc397.html

0 Kudos
alphaomega16
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No torrents, dont really view Twitch myself but the stuff I have been seeing in the past few days I had not seen before and with it having an effect on more than one game in such a tight time window and it also effecting non VM E-Mail made me think VM was messing around with something again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

There IS some minor packet loss WAN side, Ill flag it for staff to get a look at

0 Kudos